Saturday, March 26, 2011

Yo, B.


And here's the first finished piece I've pulled from The Urner's maple tree (If you remember, a few posts back...) Many thanks guys. I hope you get as much pleasure knowing that old tree lives on and is making someone else happy, as I've gotten helping it along its journey.

This one's about 14 inches across and almost 5 deep. Finished in walnut oil, it's 100% food safe. I think it looks great on our dining room table, and I hope it looks even better on my neighbor's Brian and Christina's table for years to come.

You'll also notice I tried a slightly different signature for the bottom. Several months ago, we took the kids north for a weekend of poking around, and I discovered these green marble bits in a tiny sewing store. I knew they'd come in handy some day. I think I like them.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so very much Terry. This is one of the nicest gifts I've received in my life. Cheers, Brian and Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handiwork is amazing, Terry. So nice to learn this about you!

    ReplyDelete